Monday, August 19, 2013

Happy Birthday, Joellen, Melissa and Ally, Too!


We had a crafty birthday party with Joellen recently, that's the birthday girl seated in the center. Doesn't she look great? Two of Joellen's daughters joined us and they are seated with her. That's me standing on the left, then Ellyn and Melissa...we clean up pretty good!

Joellen loves greys of all shades - they look fabulous on her, too! So, I whipped up a little mini quilt to hang on the wall or use on a tabletop.


The title is 'Crossed Paths' and I mentioned on the label how I was glad that our paths have crossed.

This was a Stampin' Up party at Sharon's house and we made two quick cards, fun huh? Afterwards, we did lunch at Jason's Deli...yummy!

I missed Melissa's birthday party last month because of a family funeral. Yellow is her fave color so, I made her a fun wristlet out of denim and lots of yellow things. This is of my favorite ways to use scraps!


Ellyn's teen daughter, Ally, had a birthday recently as well. Her favorite color is sparkle! Here's the skinny wristlet I made for her:


These crafty birthdays are a new tradition for our group and I love it! Raquel is next in November. What crafty things do you do to celebrate special events?

3 comments:

Ellyn said...

let's see.... I party with my friends! Your friends look mighty familiar to me.... that was such a fun day!

Melissa said...

I love my bracelet - THANK YOU! I'm so glad we have this crafty birthday tradition because it's so much fun & we get to learn new things!

Sally said...

This looks like a lot of fun! All my crafty friend are separate groups... I have friends I stamp with, friends I scrapbook with, and friends I sew with.... I wish more of them were multi-crafters :)

These bracelets looks very cool!